I know I am a little late with this post. But statistics say that 75% of the people who make resolutions have already failed with them. So, if I start late I will make it further into the year. 🙂
2012 is going to be an interesting year. Lots of big things happening in my life.
I’m engaged and plan to get married in the Spring. We live over 200 miles away from each other and we both have children. So we won’t actually live in the same house until the end of May (first of June), when school is out for the kids. We will have to get a bigger house for the larger family. Making sure the kids have space is a priority. I want each to have their own room and also a place where they can play together.
With all that in mind, I need to kind of tailor my resolutions around the family life.
- Start a family exercise program. Nothing crazy. The kids are all pretty young. I just want to encourage active lifestyles in all.
- Finish paying off my debt. I don’t have much left. Then I will start on debt that comes from my fiancee. We are both pretty frugal. So we should be able to make good progress on this.
- Start a daily cooking routine. With a bigger family, fast food is not economical or healthy. Everyone likes to help in the kitchen. So I want to make this a daily event where we all work together at eating healthy.
- Continue my woodworking passion. I really want to dive deep into it and so does my fiancee. I would love to get us back to Homestead Heritage and do some more advanced classes.
- I want to install my first solar panel this year. I’m not sure where it is going to be just yet. But need to start somehow.